600-Plus Honor ’16 RVB Top 50 Dealers in Vegas
A standing room-only crowd of more than 600 people gathered to honor the winners of the 2016 RVBusiness Top 50 Dealer Awards during a ceremony Wednesday evening (Nov. 9) at the Platinum Ballroom of Bally’s on the Las Vegas Strip.
The Top 50 Dealer Awards, held in conjunction with the 2016 RV Dealers International Convention/Expo, recognizes U.S. and Canadian RV retailers nominated by RV manufacturers for their professional approach to most every aspect of their commercial enterprises – from sales to F&I and service operations — as well as their civic and charitable practices. RVBusiness is the sister company to Woodall’s Campground Management.
The Top 50 roster again included five exemplary “Blue Ribbon” dealerships — Affinity RV, Fraserway RV, Modern Trailer Sales, Mount Comfort RV and Princess Craft — and two special award recipients: Michigan’s Veurinks’ RV Center, winner of the “Gaylord Maxwell Innovation Award” sponsored by Lippert Components Inc., and Colorado’s Windish RV Center, which received the “Arthur J. Decio Humanitarian Award sponsored by Ally Financial Inc.
The Top 50 program was sponsored by Ally Financial Inc., Cummins Power Generation, Dicor Corp., Dometic Corp., Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp., Lippert Components Inc. (LCI), NTP-STAG, Protective Asset Protection and Wells Fargo CDF.
In presenting the Arthur J. Decio Humanitarian Award, Ally’s Bill Thompson and Tammy Linkfield also announced their company was donating a $5,000 grant to Windish RV to further support the dealership’s chosen charities, which includes Sense of Security, Supporting Women with Breast Cancer, Colorado Youth At Risk, the local American Legion chapter, and the Action Center, which provides basic human needs and promotes self sufficiency among local residents and homeless. Over the last two years Windish has raised more than $400,000 for the Action Center.
While also thanking Ally, Carolyn Irwin, president of Windish RV, said they were honored to receive the award. “It’s special to us because we take our giving seriously and we take our involvement in the community seriously. And I should probably mention that before you can give money away you first have to make money, so I have to give a special thank you to my general manager, Jim Humble, and our awesome staff back in Colorado who provide us with the financial resources to help those companies we really feel strongly about,” Irwin said.
Steve Paul, Jarrod Lippert and Stephan Lussier of Lippert Components congratulated Tim Veurink on receiving the Maxwell Innovation Award, which was in part due to the dealership’s efforts at online customer touchpoints such as YouTube, social media and blogs including its most recent vlog, or video blog, named “RV Like A Girl.”
Tim Veurink, president of the Grand Rapids-based dealership, thanked RVBusiness and LCI. “I’ve got to say that I’m honored and, as I look around this room, in all honesty just about any one of you could have won this award as well,” he said.
Gregg Fore, president of Dicor, congratulated attendees for choosing to invest in the excellence of the business and partnerships they’ve created. “Take it home and become better at what you do every day because everything can be better than what it is today. And it’s up to each one of us to do that. If we don’t invest while we are all making money, we never will. And then it will be too late and we will wonder again why we didn’t do the things we should have done,” Fore said.
In his remarks, RVBusiness Publisher Sherman Goldenberg congratulated the Top 50 dealers, thanked the program’s sponsors and acknowledged the work of staff and judges. Goldenberg was speaking on behalf of Vice President of Sales Beverly Gardner for Elkhart, Ind.-based G&G Media Group LLC, publisher of RVB and Woodall’s Campground Management magazines, as well as BJ Thompson of BJ Thompson Associates, also headquartered in Elkhart and whose president, veteran PR agent BJ Thompson, serves as administrator for the Top 50 program
“As Gregg Fore said, these are the best of times for the RV business coming off the most prolific September in 40 years and with industry leaders now glancing down the road at 500,000-unit shipment years. At the same time, there’s no question that the industry at almost every level will need to turn up the heat on its commitment to quality in both products and services to please the growing wave of customers that are showing up at our shows and dealerships. We trust that the RVBusiness Top 50 Dealer Awards, by helping dealers focus on the fundamentals of business and good citizenship, will play a role in helping turn up that focus,” Goldenberg said.
Here, in alphabetical order, are this year’s Top 50 winners:
1. Affinity RV Service, Sales & Rentals, Prescott, Ariz.
2. Airstream Adventures Northwest & Bay Area, Gladstone, Ore.
3. All Valley RV Center, Acton, Calif.
4. Alliance Coach, Wildwood, Fla.
5. America Choice RV, Ocala, Fla.
6. American RV Sales & Service, Grand Rapids, Mich.
7. ArrKann Trailer & RV Centre, Edmonton, Alta.
8. Bill Plemmons RV World, Rural Hall, N.C.
9. Bish’s RV, Idaho Falls, Idaho.
10. Broadmoor RV SuperStore, Pasco, Wash.
11. Bucars RV Centre, Balzac, Alberta
12. Bullyan RV, Duluth, Minn.
13. Campers Inn RV, Kingston, N.H.
14. Coachlight RV Sales, Carthage, Mo.
15. Colerain RV, Cincinnati, Ohio
16. Colonial Airstream & RV, Lakewood, N.J.
17. Crestview RV Center, Buda, Texas
18. D&D RV Center, Helena, Mont.
19. ExploreUSA RV Supercenter, Plano, Texas
20. Fraserway RV, Abbotsford, British Columbia
21. General RV Center, Wixom, Mich.
22. Giant RV, Montclair, Calif.
23. Greeneway RV Sales & Service, Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
24. Guaranty RV Super Centers, Junction City, Ore.
25. Hartville RV Center, Hartville, Ohio
26. Hilltop Trailer Sales, Fridley, Minn.
27. Hilmerson RV, Little Falls, Minn.
28. Jamatt RV Sales, Poteau, Okla.
29. Lazydays RV, Seffner, Fla.
30. Lifestyle RVs, Grain Valley, Mo.
31. Midwest RV Center, St. Louis, Mo.
32. Minard’s Leisure World, Weyburn, Saskatchewan
33. Modern Trailer Sales, Anderson, Ind.
34. Moix RV Supercenter, Conway, Ark.
35. Mount Comfort RV, Greenfield, Ind.
36. Noble RV, Owatonna, Minn.
37. Palm RV & Marine, Fort Myers, Fla.
38. Pan Pacific RV Centers, French Camp, Calif.
39. PleasureLand RV Center, St. Cloud, Minn.
40. Princess Craft, Round Rock, Texas
41. Rangeland RV, Rockyview, Alta.
42. RV City, Morinville, Alta.
43. Tennessee RV Supercenter, Knox, Tenn.
44. United RV Center, Fort Worth, Texas
45. Veurinks’ RV Center, Grand Rapids, Mich.
46. Voyager RV Centre, Winfield, British Columbia
47. Walnut Ridge Family RV Sales, New Castle, Ind.
48. Wilkins Recreational Vehicles, Inc., Bath, N.Y.
49. Windish RV Center, Lakewood, Colo.
50. Woody’s RV World, Calgary, Alberta